What Tomorrow Could Be
Imagine a Future Where...
- Traffic flows better and fewer cars cut through Charlestown.
- Residents can safely walk to the T at Bunker Hill Community College and Sullivan Square, as well as to Cambridge and Somerville.
- People of all ages walk and bike to the places that make the neighborhood great, such as Paul Revere Park, City Square Park, the Ryan Playground, and the new North Bank bridge.
- Parking is easier because of an additional 450 spaces along Rutherford Avenue.
- More people visit shops in Charlestown and there are new shops and restaurants to visit!
- Families living along Rutherford Avenue open their windows onto a green, beautiful park instead of onto a roadway that produces noise and road grit.
- Cars parked along Rutherford Avenue create a buffer between moving vehicles and people using the park and nearby sidewalk.
- Our tax dollars are spent to keep the neighborhood green with trees and bushes instead of grey with concrete barriers and asphalt roadways.